SUSTAINABLE TOYS (PART I). TOYS FOR ALL
We talk about consumption and sustainability. From consumerism, that system of irresponsible and unrealized consumption, the enemy of sustainability. And to say that one of the best things we can do to move towards a more sustainable consumption model is to bet on responsible and very conscious consumption.
But Christmas comes and we have little ones at home and we want the Kings to bring toys and gifts and the Tió and the Kings from home to the grandparents and the kids and … In this case, the best we can do is make sense And weigh in the economy, in our pocket.
Hopefully, when we buy a toy, we make it so that it is used for a long time. But often, the expectations are truncated by the little interest that arouses, due to the change in the child’s tastes, or simply because it breaks down after four days.
So what do we do? Buy again another game that will last very little. And so, friends, it’s like the houses fill with stuff that make us waste space and money.
El Nan dresses in the colors Azul y Grana
Barça is more than just a club, and he did not want to lose his own castellers. El Nan FCBarcelona is an OFFICIAL PRODUCT FC BARCELONA. With spectacular packaging at the level of the Club it represents.
The Nans with the Barça shirt can make castles, of course, but they are a team, and you do not have to be James Bond to imagine this group of Nans playing your favorite sport with your favorite colors!
El Nan print the colors of the FC Barcelona in each piece. Like El Nan , they are produced entirely in the Ilersis Foundation, in Lleida, a special center for the work of people with mental disabilities, they are made of sustainable beech wood and with eco-based water paint.
I want Els Nan FCBarcelona for Christmas!
We want you to have Barça Nan at home for these parties. Since these parties have done LIMITED UNITS and so you do not stay without them, we have created a PRE-SALE, this means that since now, you can make your reservation at our online store, click HERE
How it works:
- Order the Castellers del Barça model that you like the most
- You will receive an email with your reservation
- If you bought during Black Friday, you participate in a draw of two tickets to see a Barça match
- When we have it, we will send it to you at home
- To enjoy!
Models you can choose:
Compeixalaigua, passionate about the products that the user estimates
La Ruth and Àlex are the designers of COMPEIXALAIGUA, an industrial design studio located in the district of Gràcia de Barcelona, responsible for the design of the pieces of the Nan Casteller and his box. Winners of different prizes, are defined as passionate about those products that the user estimates. In addition, fans of food design and good food are declared. 😉
The key is in the piece
The Nan is a unique piece, made of a single wooden beech block, with a geometric shape but of a person, fits in such a way that it allows to recreate the real models of castles that make the square. In addition, it is a game of construction, lace and balance, but also a symbolic game, which makes it unique in its kind.
Compeixalaigua finished giving shape to the Nan in itself, in the elevator and in the enchaneta. In order to design a unique piece, they abstracted any influence, and they claim that the funniest moment of the creative process was to put in positions and positions while designing the figure of the elevator. If you can imagine the two of you doing the positions, you will understand that both can be included in ‘fun’ as in ‘sneaky’.
Those who are most proud of the result are the balance of the final piece, abstract but recognizable, geometric but friendly and that it likes children as it fits perfectly in an adult space. Final result, the scorer, the glitter and the Nan Casteller with its basic elements: white trousers and black band.
The essence of the first designs continues in all the products of the Nan Casteller. Thanks for accompanying us!
If you like this interview, share it with the tag #elnanpeople
The Nan People are real heroes. More together, stronger, higher! A small hug can be really powerful.
Nan People is a new game of solid wood construction to explore the psychomotor’s balance, lace and empathy. Only building game where people embrace!
The Nan People is the perfect complement to El Nan Casteller. Expand the number of pieces with different people!
At El Nan, we can not agree more with the article that Clara had published a few days ago “With earth in the hands” about the benefits of offering children wooden toys. They are natural, durable toys that encourage the imagination of children and a whole lot more!
So we want to share with you all the 8 reasons of weight that will surely help you decide to offer children these types of toys:
1. Weight and presence: Wooden toys are not as light as other toys made of plastic, for example. They are, therefore, toys with a greater presence and weight. The children must hold them with consciousness and firmness, stimulating at the same time the motor skills of their hands.
2. Stimulate the sense of touch: wooden toys, especially if they are not lacquered, provide a very pleasant feeling when we touch them. Also, not all wooden toys are heard in the same way. There are some more polished finishes, others that notice the irregularities of wood, others that are smoother … all this offers sensations that the brain of children is recording, almost without realizing ‘ n, while they play.
3. They fancy the imagination: Wooden toys are generally much less worked than those of plastic and usually do not incorporate lights or sounds. It is the child who has to imagine all that he wants the toy to do, nothing is given or done. Also, being less structured, they are more versatile.
4. Reduce consumerism. Plastic toys are often more fragile, they break more easily (especially the cheapest ones), which is why they need to be replaced soon by new toys. On the contrary, wooden toys may be a bit more expensive and surely we will buy less, but they will be of higher quality and this is essential to not enter the wheel of buying, using and throwing quickly.
5. Ages better and are intergenerational. Wooden toys, far from breaking or becoming ugly with time, age fantastically. And in case they break … they can be more easily arranged than plastic toys. They can be passed from one generation to another so that the toy remains just as beautiful and functional.
6. Accompany the child during the different stages of its growth. Wooden toys, being less structured, tend to be more timeless and rarely a toy of these characteristics looks very childish or very adult.
7. They allow you to save money. Yes! Although they are more expensive, they are also of higher quality and the same toy can last several generations. And that, of course, means financial savings!
8. Connect with nature. Wood is a natural material that responds to the biological expectations that children have at birth. Our brain hopes to touch the mother’s skin and natural materials (trees, stones, land …). On the other hand, using materials that come directly from nature helps children to better understand the relationship between nature and the production of everyday objects. With the wood of the trees you can make toys, kitchen spoons, furniture, etc. Explaining the child from where plastic toys are sold is undoubtedly more complicated 🙂